Friday 30 December 2011

Living the dream ...


It has been my dream since I can remember to tour as a musician across Europe and see all the places that I imagined or read in books as a child; pictures of leaning towers, smoke cradled morning lakes, monstrous mountains … and to be inspired to record my journey through song and poetry enabling me to share my experiences through my creativity.
Life seems to creep by without you even noticing it and I realised this year that climbing over the 45 bridge took me closer to half a century, and still I hadn’t realised my dream. So, I set about making it into a plan….
When we got to Calais we were met by the bus and whizzed off through Belgium before getting to the Hotel in Amsterdam. I arranged to play in the Hotel Bar to a very warm welcome! Almost everyone was from a country other than the Netherlands! I met a chap from New York who is a Graphic Designer and has done a fair bit of high profile album design work. He said some very kind things about my CD designs and it’s amazing to think my work has toddled back to the States with him.
One of the Bar staff told me about a Peace Rally in Amsterdam being held in support of the now global Occupy Campaign, so we decided to go and have a look the following day.
We woke up to a glorious buffet breakfast, Jeff had a full on cooked up mayhem and I stuck to fruit before heading out to the Canals. The Trip was breath taking! We passed under The Skinny Bridge, where if you kiss your loved one, it is reported that you will stay together forever … mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment