Friday 30 December 2011

Venice & Florence



I was very excited to go to Italy. The passion, the romance, the pasta!

 


We arrived in Venice and I was not disappointed! I arranged with the Gondola company to play ukulele and sing on the canals.

So I joined the squeeze box and vocalists and felt like part of their world. Easing our way through thin watery alleyways and manoeuvring around impossible corners, the walls towering around us, held us tight in the now that is also part of yesterday and of Venice tomorrow.

The tourist trade is littered amongst the main streets so we headed off to more secluded spots to chill and busk.

From Venice we went onto Florence, equally as beautiful and where I felt almost re-incarnated! There is something about Florence, I think it’s the history, the centuries of creatives who have fallen in love with it that makes it so very special to me.

To stand alongside some of the most beautiful sculptures on streets walked by ancient poets and artists, and sing is one of the most uplifting things I have ever been part of. Actors outside Dante’s House, Artists painting and musicians feeling every note of every melody in the limestone walkways and sandstone walls. If I were to lose myself in the world, undoubtedly it would be in a little apartment close to Santa Croche Square.





No comments:

Post a Comment